Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Meaning of Life Documentary







I really enjoyed this simple yet deep look into various people's personal meanings of life. What do you think is the meaning of life? Leave a comment below. I'd say "meaning" is not some mystical objective truth beyond our comprehension but rather something we create and ascribe to life. As I said in Asbestos Head:

“You know what I’ve been thinking? What supreme purpose could God impose on humankind that could magically de-trivialize Our existence? What possible reason would God have Us exist rather than not exist that would give genuine meaning to Our lives? I find it a much more hopeful notion that the derivation of meaning in life is Our choice and not pre-determined. Learning and appreciating your own purpose becomes the perfect existential challenge.”

No comments: